Civil and commercial mediation pricing
Below is an overview of the pricing structure for our civil and commercial mediation services. Get in touch to discuss your individual circumstances and we can talk to you about costs in more detail.
|Value of dispute (money claims)*
|Rate per party – in person or online
|Up to £100,000
|£1,500 plus VAT
|£100,000 – £1 million
|£1,750 plus VAT
|£1 million – £2 million
|£2,250 plus VAT
|£2 million and over
|£3,000 plus VAT
*For money claims, the value of dispute is calculated by adding together the amounts of any claims, counterclaims, interest and costs.
For non-money claims, e.g. land disputes, declarations, injunctions, the value is calculated by reference to the value of the underlying asset, with a minimum fee of £2,000 plus VAT per party.
The rates above:
- Exclude appropriate preparation time which will be charged at £325 plus VAT per hour
- Do not include site visits, venue costs, catering, travel or accommodation
- Are per party, based on a one day (7 hour) mediation with a certified mediator
- Include a 30 minute pre-mediation meeting and follow-up 7 days after the mediation
The use of our offices, if available, will be free of charge.
Please note the following:
- Payment of the mediation session fees will be required before commencement of the booked mediation date
- The rate for half-day mediations is two-thirds of the full day rate
- Any time over the initial 7 hours will be charged at an hourly rate per party in the sum of £300 plus VAT
- Cancellation within 7 days of the booked mediation date will incur a 50% charge of the one day fee, payable per party
Please contact us for full terms and conditions or to discuss any aspect of the above.
Matthew Cotton – Senior Associate and Accredited Civil and Commercial Mediator
t: 01865 594265
e: [email protected]